GORONTALO THE HIDDEN PARADISE
1. Taman Laut Olele (Olele Sea Garden)
Location: Bone Bolango District, 20 km from the center of Gorontalo City
Discover a wild experience on exploring Gorontalo's equatorial water. Dive in Gorontalo could be the most memorable one when you see the walls of Gorontalo with its amazingly beautiful and diverse sponges.
The favorite sponge called the Salvador Dali sponge (Petrosia lignosa) for its surrealistically carved surface. Although this sponge is only known from vertical walls in Indonesia, including those in North Sulawesi, the intricately swirled surface is only found in Gorontalo, where it is quite common and grows to incredible size.
Find out what is around the hidden paradise
· Cavern / Overhangs: Jinn Caves, Sand Channels, Sponge Wall, Shadowlands
· Muck Diving: Mystic Point, Sand Castle, Old Port, Tambo'o Fish House
· Pinnacles: Mirabella, Sentinels, Sunken Island
· Submerged Points: Buffalo Head Point, Honeycomb, Swirling Steps, White Point
· Wall Diving: Cliffs, Fallen Rock, Kurenai Beach, Three Corners, Traffic Circle, Traffic Jam, Silvertip Grounds, West Point
· Wreck Diving: Japanese Cargo Wreck, Tjenderawashi Barge Wreck
2. Klenteng Hong San Bio (Hong San Bio Pagoda)
Location: Tanjung Naga, 2 km from the center of Gorontalo City
Highlights: Tiong Hoa place of prayer that used for Celebration of Chinese New Year, Taphikong Celebration, the Born of Ocean Goddess, etc.
3. Hutan Nantu (Nantu Forest)
Location: Kelurahan Libuo, Kecamatan Paguat in Boalemo District
Highlights: We can find some rare animals such as Babi Rusa, Anoa and Maleo Bird, a small bird which its egg 8 times larger than chicken egg.
4. Benteng Otanaha (Otanaha Fortress)
Location: Kelurahan Dembe 1, Kecamatan Kota Barat, 8 km west from the center of Gorontalo City
Portuguese built Otanaha fort in 1525. It was found by Naha from Tuwawa Kingdom (Suwawa) in 1623 and named after the founder (Ota: fortress, naha). It used by Gorontalo kings as a bastion against the Dutch when relations soured. Today there are remains of just three towers.
5. Suku Bajo (Bajau Village, Torosiaje)
Location: Torosiaje village can be reached by car about 2 hours from Pohuwato District, 6 hours from the center of Gorontalo City.
Highlights: Bajau Village in Torosiaje has a population of 1.710 people. The Bajo are hunter-gatherers, who spend much of their lives on boats, travelling as families wherever they go.
6. Pulau Saronde (Saronde Island)
Location: Kecamatan Kwandang, North Gorontalo District, 60km from the center of Gorontalo City.
Highlights: Beautiful beach with a clear white sand. It is an ideal place to have snorkeling, swimming and water ski. You can also stay in some of cottages around Saronde Island.
7. Air Terjun dan Kolam Pemandian Air Panas Lombongo (Lombongo Waterfall and Hotspring)
Location: Bone Bolango District, 18 km east of Gorontalo City.
To reach Lombongo waterfall you need to trek down the hill around 1 hour. Consist of two waterfalls, Lombongo I which has 20 m high 3km from the gate and Lombongo II which has 30m high 4km from the gate.
8. Danau Limboto dan Musem Pendaratan Soekarno (Limboto Lake & Museum of History Soekarno's Landing)
Location: Iluta Village, Kecamatan Batudaa, 10 km from the center of Gorontalo City.
Highlights: The museum was built in 1925 by Netherlands. It is the place where Soekarno, Indonesian first president have a landing with Amphibi Catalina in 1950 and 1959 with mission to unite Republic of Indonesia.
9. Rumah Adat Dulohupa (Dulohupa Costume House)
Location: Jl Jendral Sudirman Kelurahan Limba, Kota Selatan, 2.5km from the center of Gorontalo City
Highlights: It consists of the rich culture of Gorontalo.
10. Menara Keagungan Limboto (Limboto Tower of Honor)
Location: Limboto, Gorontalo District.
Highlights: Built in 2001, this tower is 65 m high, which consists of 5 floors
11. Masjid Agung Baiturrahman (Baiturrahman Mosque)
Location: Limboto, Gorontalo District.
Highlights: Masjid Agung Baiturrahman is the biggest mosque in Gorontalo District. Located in the center of Limboto along with Menara Keagungan Limboto united in one area.
12. Makam Kramat Dju Panggola (Dju Panggola Grave)
Location: Jl Usman Isa, Kelurahan Lekobalo, Kecamatan Kota Barat, 8km west from center of Gorontalo City
Highlights: Dju Panggola is a Wali or Guardian who contributed to the spread of Islam around Gorontalo in 1400M. It is said that if someone prays in the mosque, his or her prayer will be granted.
13. Museum Nani Wartabone (Nani Wartabone Museum)
Location: Suwawa, Gorontalo District
Highlights: Nani Wartabone is Gorontalo Province Hero who fought against the invaders and successfully occupied the province of Gorontalo on January 23, 1942. In the museum, visitors can see photographs and relics of the people's struggle against the invaders, and Gorontalo weapons.
14. Masjid Baiturrahim (Baiturahim Mosque)
Location: In the center of Gorontalo City
Highlights: In 1761 M King Unonongo built the Mosque along with Gorontalo development program that just moved from Dungingi to Gorontalo City by King Botutihe.
15. Masjid Tua Hunto (Hunto Old Mosque)
Location: Biawu, Kecamatan Kota Selatan, Kota Gorontalo
Highlights: Hunto Sultan Amay is the oldest Mosque in Gorontalo. Built in 1495 M, Hunto stands for Ilohuntungo which means the center of Islam in that period. In this mosque, visitors can have a look at Moslem literatures such as the pulpit used to preach and Mosque pillars that are still standing as well as ornaments accented with Arabic calligraphy that is around 600 years in age or more.
For more info about the packages go to Trip Packages or contact